Married the love of my life today, Bill Reiland. Now, I am Mrs. Eve Reiland.
AmericanBadassActivists.org will be on honeymoon soon. I’m marrying the love of my life, Bill Reiland, next week.
My son is going to Facebook live the event, about Noonish on October 14. For sure beach photos will pop up on my Instagram.
While we’re celebrating, please enjoy the adventure with us.
During the wedding and honeymoon afterwards, the site will be on standby. Thanks for your patience during this next few weeks. ❤
By Eve Hinson (almost Reiland)
Not afraid to talk about it outloud
And why would I fear sharing that I like me?
All of me, especially this neurodiverse brain of me?
I’m savant with creativity, alive with visual language,
forget the super highway — this brain is an information constellation,
technical ancestor, internet goddess, pattern finder and seeker
keyboard warrior and new media memory keeper.
I don’t give a fuck about sports or square root,
but let’s talk HTML, Social media, incredible hair and . . .
Hot damn, just not politics.
At least not until we find the concentric overlap
of neurotypical and autistic, and define
the shared spectrum of communication
Before we debate this kind of shit.
Oh no, he had children and is now the star of “Special Agent Oso,” one of my 6-year-old son’s fave Disney Channel shows.
(By Eve Hinson, originally posted in summer of 2010 on motherofconfusion.com)
This circle-of-life thing boggled my mind. That and prompted me to take an intense, deep look at my life. Know what I found? That’s right, gray hair. Thanks, Sean.
All kidding aside, Sean was kind enough to answer a few questions about his role as Special Agent Oso and hobbit feet.
1. You’ve played adventurous characters from “Goonies” to “Lord of the Rings” and now the second season of “Special Agent Oso” is about to debut. What’s it like starring as an action-based cartoon character compared to in front of the camera?
It’s Awesome!!!!! I do all my own stunts.
2. What can kids learn from Special Agent Oso?
1) They can learn to keep having fun and play special agent games with space ships and submarines and talking watches etc…
2) They can learn that it’s important to start trying when you don’t know how to do something…and that breaking the learning process down into steps, say three special ones for example, can make it easier to learn
3) They can learn that mistakes happen and the right way to deal with it is to smile, have a little laugh and try to do it better next time.
3. Did you have to do any special training for this role?
3 months with MI6…you know the Elite Special Forces/Spy organization in England. Ok, no, not too much. Just having been a kid, having kids and having spent a few years trying to get comfortable in the recording studio…techniques and what not… But I AM Oso, so there was no special training really required.
4. What’s it like working with comedy legend Mel Brooks and Brad Garrett? Are they funny all the time?
Not when they are at the dentist or paying taxes. It is such a blessing that these great talents wanted to contribute to the show – it’s a testament to the creators of the show actually.
5. All right, I have to admit, it boggles my mind that an actor (that’d be you) from my all-time favorite movie as a kid (that’d be “Goonies”) is now entertaining my 6-year-old son. Does it boggle your mind that you’re playing a character your kids could watch?
Every single day… I use the phrases, ‘it trip me out’ or ‘it’s like I’m hallucinating…’
6. On the other side of that, what was it like to be a child star being raised by a former child star?
My Mom had serious issues, many of them related to mental health. That said, she was an incredibly loving and giving Mom who handed me a child acting career on a silver platter. Hearing all of her child star war stories made me smarter and more sympathetic to her.
7. Hope you don’t mind, these last few questions are from readers of my blog MotherofConfusion.com. … What was it like to bring life to Samwise, a character that was already well known and loved?
I started to sense early on that I would be “judged” on how well I did it.
But in a real way, I knew I only had to be true to myself, follow the direction I was given and own my own space. The ocean of compliments that came my way meant the world to me.
8. How long did it take to put on the hobbit feet? (OK, that’s really my question.)
I’ll send you a kit (45 mins for lower quality-far away shots) (1hr 20 mins for extreme close ups) (2 Days if you’ve been hijacked by Lord of the Rings fans and dragged into the woods for a demonstration..
9. Rita Moreno and other famous guest stars on Special Agent Oso-did you get to work with them? If so, how was it?
😦 they are awesome, I hope to next time…
10. Will there be a “Goonies” sequel.
11. And to wrap it up, what’s more challenging acting in front of a green screen or starring as the voice of a cartoon character?
Green Screen. They make you wear funny tight pants.
Thanks for your questions, they were fun to answer!!!
Eve Hinson | July 2017
Memory loss, scattered focus, inability to track time, and an ill-known stigmatized neurological disorder, plus PTSD symptoms, have erased or complicated recall of Eve’s first 37 years of life.
Now in her mid-40s, Eve is Autistic AF (born that way) and left with a brain that doesn’t include filters (she says fuck. a lot), likes to glitch and, after the memory wipe, created a new personhood. Eve is different to those who’ve known her from childhood. She is unknown even to herself and seeking to learn about her life from back then, and embracing life now.
This series focuses on self-discovery after the onset of severe mental illness, memory loss and permanent disability. It’s a different life and a worthy life.
Contact Eve | email@example.com
(Originally written by Eve Hinson on 10.30.12 in creative writing journal at Blue Sky Wellness Center)
It was like they were asking questions that didn’t apply to my mental breakdown.
I haven’t heard anyone ask someone why they had a cardiac arrest, doubt their condition, think it’s over-exaggerated or confusing. Same thing with diabetes and other physical health conditions. They wait to see what the doctor has to say.
So, and for the most part I know it’s out of love — at least for me, what makes family and friends assume I can tell them why I have mental illness? I know why I showed up at the door of the behavioral center: suicide ideation. Continue reading Evolution of Eve | Group Therapy: Outsider’s Ask Why? Insiders Know.
(Written as an email by Eve Hinson on 10/2/12)
no, i’m not being knee-jerk here. lets get real. i’m the one fucking up the equation.
(Originally an email written by Eve Hinson on 9.20.13 from the community computer in the psych ward at Stanford.)
This place is gorgeous and comfortable. I’m able to walk around freely and be in the common room. After 24 hours I can even walk about outside of this unit too. They don’t lock the doors. They have a balcony overlooking the grounds (gorgeous) which I can sit on tomorrow if I want.
The doctors assure me I can be helped and I can get better. One lady has been trying to get in here for years and no availability. This is my gift from the Universe. Continue reading Evolution of Eve | Hope Sparked in Stanford Psych Ward
(Originally sent as an email by Eve Hinson on 5.19.12, plus following responses on 5.20.12)
Listened to the lady call Jim at work and do paperwork so my checks, and the kids’, are deposited to his account. Get labeled mental and everything they give you costs a pound of dignity.
I’ve decided to take my netbook with me next time. That way if I need to tell them they’re an asshole, I can do so without stuttering. Continue reading Evolution of Eve | Too Crazy To Manage Finances
(By Eve Hinson, originally written in a journal probably during class on 02.16.1989)
You perverted animal
Stalking all your Jungle Streets
Going in for your bloody kill
Taking senseless lives as you please
One Less Headache, One more psycho
What a precious civilization
the blood is still dripping
what a wonderful civilization
One more night – one more day
Who cares, soon you’ll all be dead
stupid clones with all your systematic dreams
you’re day is coming
That’s the way the world turns
in your positively terrific